The Centre for Innovation in Medicine and the Rethink Health.eu Initiative are pleased to announce the 7th edition of the Conference on Personalised Medicine – Reaching the full potential of personalized health and care. For the 3rd year in a row, the conference will be virtual, aiming to share information and transfer knowledge in its purest form. This year’s conference aims to highlight and offer the opportunity for the main topics and themes currently influencing Europe’s health and care to be debated by multiple stakeholders, traditional and non-traditional, shedding light on the need to include as many factors as possible in the co-creation of health policies together with the citizens.
The launch of Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan and the Mission on Cancer started a major trend at the EU level. All citizens should become partners in the decision-making process. Innovation can only bring value if citizens are aware of it and embrace it. Personalized Medicine is heading towards Personalized Health and Care. As Prof. Christine Chomienne pointed out in one of our key events this year, “We must reach another level in cancer policies – find what patients and citizens need and work with them to address these needs”.
The conference is structured in five sessions, with satellite events on specific topics under the umbrella of the Personalised Medicine Conference 2022.
If you want to listen and be part of the co-creation of great ideas, we invite you to register for the conference.
*If you are an industry representative, please send an email to [email protected] to get a personalized offer.
Agenda – outline
9:00 – 9:10 Keynote Welcome Speech
Mircea Geoană became NATO Deputy Secretary General in October 2019, after a distinguished domestic and international career. Mr Geoană is the first Deputy Secretary General from Romania, and the first from any of the countries that joined the Alliance after the end of the Cold War.
Mr Geoană is a strong advocate of transatlantic integration and has held a number of international positions, including OSCE Chairperson-in-Office in 2001 and personal representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office for Georgia in 2005. He is President and founder of the Aspen Institute Romania and has published extensively on domestic and international affairs.
9:10 – 9:30 CET Fireside Chat with Elizabeth Kuiper – Introduction to the European Health Union
9:30 – 11:00 CET Plenary Session: European Health Union (Romanian version)
- Introduction to European Partnership for Personalized Medicine (Dr. Ejner Moltzen)
- Genomics: the beginning of a new era. Insights from 1+MG project (Szymon Bielecki)
- The role of data infrastructures for research and personalised medicine implementation (Prof. Toni Andreu)
- Introduction to UNCAN Initiative (Prof. Eric Solary)
11:00 – 11:30 CET Fireside Chat on the Lancet Oncology Commission Report (Romanian version)
11:45 – 12:30 CET Fireside Chat on Cancer Mission with Board Members (Romanian version)
Moderator: Dr. Marius Geanta
- Prof. Christine Chomienne, vice-chair of the Mission Board Cancer at the European Commission
- Prof. Jeliazko Arabadjiev, Mission Board Member Bulgaria
12:30 – 13:00 CET Session I: Precision Medicine in Clinical Practice
Moderator: Dr. Bianca Cucos, Scientific Lead at the Centre for Innovation in Medicine
- Prof. Mandana Hasanzad, Director, Medical Genomics Research Center, Tehran Medical Sciences, IAU
- Behnaz Sarrami, Named Medika’s “Top 30 Women Transforming Healthcare”, Pharmacogenomics (PGx) Mentor
13:00- 13:45 CET Session II Personalized prevention and screening of CVDs
Moderator: Dr. Marius Geantă
- Magdalena Daacord, CEO FH Europe
- Desislava Mihaylova, CEO Sqilline
- Roberta Pastorino, President Public health genomics, EUPHA; Institute of Public Health; Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
14:00 – 15:00 CET Session III: Unmet medical needs in Central and Eastern Europe
Moderator: Anita Galić, Founder and Executive Director @ Health Hub – Point of Connection in Healthcare, Croatia
- Joanna Łojko, Rak’n’Roll Foundation Poland
- Milica Kuzmanoska, FEMINA M Association North Macedonia
- Viktor Semenov, Teaching assistant, Department of Social Medicine and Public Health, Dnipro State Medical University, Ukraine
15:00 – 16:00 CET Session IV Innovation Fund: Innovative financing, access, pricing, and procurement models
- Étienne Richer, PhD, Associate Scientific Director, CIHR Institute of Genetics
- Gabriel Dina, Director of Corporate Affairs and Health&Value with Pfizer Romania
- Elisabetta Zanon, Director EU Public Affairs & Advocacy, Alliance for Regenerative Medicine
- Matias Olsen, EUCOPE (TBC)
16:00 – 16:30 Conclusions and closing remarks
- Dr. Marius Geanta in dialogue with Adriana Boata, Centre for Innovation in Medicine
- Free of charge for all, except industry representatives.
- Packages for industry representatives are to be offered upon request.